Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Well its the name I'd better Elaborate (pt1)

What does it mean to be "Missionary Minded"?                   That's the question of the day isn't it?

(This plane is HUGE!
and I took a Picture of it at Dulles airport)
We'll answer this with my story of the day. (it may or may not have actually happened today). This morning I flew into the airport not actually having any idea what I was supposed to be doing there. I had just gotten off of an airplane and was wearing a very visible name tag that marked me as a full time missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. At that point I had no idea what that meant. Its like that first day of school and you have none of your friends in any of the same classes. You just go to school with this general idea that you are going to learn something and there is some important reason that you are there (this is not being missionary minded)

Our mission President (the first thing he said to us was "I'm your daddy for the next two years!" he is a go getter) picked us up and dropped us off at George Mason University and proceeded to instruct us by his example. He went around and proceeded to love them (that's the best way I can describe it). He loved them so much that they responded to him, they listened to what he had to say and they gave him their attention and interest.
So the reason I chose this picture was that I am wearing the
same jacket right now. My name isn't Elder Tanner it's Elder
Ekins.

That the first aspect of it. God doesn't force people to follow him. He loves them first and when they feel of his love they follow. As missionaries we represent God's love to the people of Northern Virginia.

Love You! (again with the High pitched manly voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment