Thursday, January 9, 2014

Restless Missionary Syndrome (RMS)

This is me (actually its a piece of plastic. But an important
piece of plastic at that)
 So the word of the day is time.

One of the things that is ingrained in our minds as missionaries is the importance of time. "you only have two years" they would say (that phrase drove me nuts at the beginning). Every minute that is not spent sharing the gospel, preparing to share the gospel or serving in some way is a minute wasted.

We were in a dinner this week and there reaches this time where I just feel like I need to leave. I just have to go. I'm wasting time. The family kept making jokes about how I was insulting them but it ingrained so deeply into me as a missionary that I didn't care. We come to desire to share the gospel with others so much that everything else starts to become less important. Itchy legs get it?

At first I thought of missionary work as a job. We go to another country. We learn a new language. We gain "clients". we convince them to accept what we believe and then we help incorporate them into our church. +1 point woohoo. rinse and repeat. (alright I wasn't this bad but you get the idea)

Now it feels like a vacation. I have a limited time to do all that I can. But we aren't out there seeing the sights. We are giving souls the most important message they will ever hear. Every moment I spend working and learning and loving is another chance to bring someone greater happiness then they can achieve through anything else in this world. I know it because I feel it!

This is not me (it's Elder Raban.
I'm not baby sitting him I promise.)
Every moment is Precious! Every single second. We aren't here for nothing. We are here to bring happiness to all that are around us and in return we receive the greatest reward.

This is my desk
Love you!
(again w/ the high pitched voice)


Also this is my acebook (yeah I totally wrote acebook because mine is better then everyone else's)
And I don't have twitter.






1 comment: